Become a Once A Month Mom Test Kitchen!
It has taken me 1.5 years but I have FINALLY gotten in a rhythm of creating menus that allows me to work ahead! Well, a lot of that would be do to the assistance of Jessie in editing and helping to get them to press!
What this means for you is a better menu! And an opportunity to be a part of the process. Last month I solicited OAMM Facebook Fans to see if anyone was interested in doing a test run of the September menu. I was blown away by the number of responses I got from interested readers. It was awesome! Two different sets of people cooked the menus and gave me feedback hopefully resulting in a better quality menu with less mistakes for you.
Since it worked so well I thought that I would put a call out to ALL my readers to find out if you are interested in being a Once A Month Mom Test Kitchen. If you are you will need to be able to do the following:
- Be able to keep the menu TOP SECRET until the 1st of the month when it is revealed.
- Be able to cook the previous month sometime between the 1st and the 15th. (For example: If you want to be a tester for the October menu you would need to be able to cook between September 1st and September 15th.)
- You can decide to not make a few of the items if you would like, however, I ask that you stay as close to the menu as possible – you can change ingredients if it is a family preference or allergy. I prefer you not sub in any recipes – I want to get a feel for the doable nature of the menu and any glitches I made. (I sometimes gift meals to others that our family won’t eat).
- Take notes as you go on amounts that were wrong or instructions that needed clarifying. Get notes to me within 48 hours of finishing.
- Call in an emergency or if you don’t know how to improvise – you will get my cell phone numbers for life lines! :)
- Acknowledge that there WILL be mistakes.
- Keep it top secret. (Did I mention that already?)
- Feel free to send me any questions before hand.
If you think that you are up for the challenge, I would LOVE to have you on board! I am would like everyone that is interested to fill out a brief survey. I will then choose at least two cooks for testing each of the menus for the next 6 months. There are also some specialty menus being worked on so you can sign up to be considered as a test kitchen for those as well.
The survey allows you to indicate which months you are most interested in testing so if there is a month that is no good for you, you can indicate that and I won’t choose you for that month. I will choose a test pool for each month and will also have a back-up pool in case something happens and a tester has to back out at the last minute.
I would love to say that I have compensation for you, but I don’t. If you have a blog you are welcome to write about your experience AFTER the 1st of the month that you are testing, you know, after the menu has posted. If along the way I am able to provide some level of compensation or a “thank you” I will most definitely do so. The “compensation” for you is the chance to have a sneak peak and have your cooking done but also to be a helping hand to fellow readers.
I hope you will consider the opportunity! I look forward to working with many of you!
(Yes if you cook in a partner pair you can BOTH apply – double your chances!)