Blogs you should visit: Part 2
Last week I started a series on blogs that might interest you. I started with a list of blogs that I first started reading. This week, in honor of tonight’s meet-up, I would like to focus on the BIG DEAL MOMS (#bigdealmoms on Twitter)!
The “Big Deal Moms” started on our crazy ride back from the Nashville BlissDom’09 Conference. Six women in one minivan, there is bound to be some craziness going on. At any rate, I had the privilege of spending the weekend with the first four blogs listed here (Cortney and I are in the van and you obviously read our site).
About the same time that we went to BlissDom’09 there was a discovery that there were A LOT of Ohio Mom Bloggers. So many that it would be a sin (I am sure Moses just forgot this one) if we didn’t get together periodically to hang with others that “get” us. It is a GREAT time. Here are the women whom I have met thus far at these meet-ups.
1. Mommy Snacks (Andrea)- focusing on saving money, finding a good deal, fighting the bulg and so much more. She is kinda’ a big deal so you might want to claim that you are a follower of hers.
2. $5 Dinners (Erin) – Erin started a blog to document her cooking in the kitchen to adjust to her children’s dietary needs while still staying on a budget. She cooks up a meal each and every night for her family of four for $5 or less.
3. Stretching a Buck (Marcy) – Marcy will also save you tons of money through watching deals, bringing you freebies, and giving you great ideas on meeting your budgetary needs.
4. Money Saving Methods (Carrie) – Carrie has an amazing savings site that focuses on all kinds of ways to earn money outside of working full time. She is super sweet and very helpful in getting started with things like secret shoppers, surveys and more.
5. Amy in Ohio (Amy) – Amy’s site chronicles her life and views on this crazy world that we live in. Amy is a great friend to all that she knows and even some that she doesn’t know. If you are going to fight a battle you will want Amy on your side! She has a super cute daughter and a funny outlook on life. (She is also a religious OAMM follower).
6. Mommy Bits (Shannon) – Shannon’s site talks about her life with boys and all that entails. She also is a founding member of Cincinnati Women Bloggers; and a member of Cincinnati Losers -a weight loss blog made up of seven Cincinnati women trying to get healthy together. (She is also a convert to OAMM through Amy in Ohio).
7. Mommin It Up (Jenny & Emily) – I know they were on the list last week but I can’t help it if they are also a BIG DEAL! Go to their site already!
8. Writer Mommy (Marianne) – writes about her life as a mommy.
9. Deal Seeking Mom (Tara) – Tara writes about finding good deals for yourself and your family. From money saving coupons, store sales, freebies and more.
Okay, I hope I didn’t forget anyone. I know there are a few more suppose to join us this week so hopefully I can tell you all about hem soon too!