Blueberry Almond Bars
When we started our journey a few years ago to eat more whole and real foods, one of the first places we started was our pantry and raided our cereal stash. We quickly became interested in Kashi cereals. Now they still have a few ingredients in them that I’m not too keen on, but it was a place for us to start. I came across this recipe on the back of the box, and they’ve been a favorite treat in our house ever since. Plus it’s a fun way for me to sneak tofu into my husband’s diet. Shhhhh don’t tell.
Blueberry Almond Bars
- 1 cup Tofu, soft
- 0.25 cups applesauce
- 1 cup honey
- 0.5 cup sugar or sucanat
- 0.75 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 medium egg
- 2 medium egg whites
- 1 cup Kashi Blueberry & Oat Flakes Cereal
- 1 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch Honey Almond Flax
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 0.25 teaspoon salt
- 0.5 cup dried blueberries, preferably organic
- 0.5 cup Kashi Blueberry & Oat Flakes Cereal (for topping)
- 0.5 cup Kashi GoLean Crunch Honey Almond Flax (for topping)
- 0.5 cup Sliced almonds (for topping)
1) Preheat oven to 350°F. 2) In a large mixing bowl, with an electric mixer, mix first nine ingredients until well creamed. 3) In a medium mixing bowl, combine the next six ingredients. Crush cereal into smaller pieces and mix well. 4) Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until dry ingredients become wet. 5) Empty mixture into a lightly oiled 9″ x 13″ pan and spread evenly across the bottom. 6) Sprinkle topping evenly across the top. 7) Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.
Cut into squares and place into freezer bag. To Serve: Thaw in refrigerator and eat as desired.
This Post will be linked at:
- Cooking Thursday at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom
- Full Plate Thursday at Miz Helen’s Country Cottage
- Recipe Swap Thursday at Prairie Story
- It’s a Keeper Thursday at It’s a Keeper
**And if you haven’t gotten your copy of the Survive Before 5: Toddler Meals for Your Busy Days eCookbook, be sure to get your copy now. It is on sale through July 1st for just $5.99 with the code OAMM599.
*Kashi did not sponsor this post.