Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Butternut Squash Slow Cooker Recipe
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading your suggestions for making your kitchen healthy (and if you haven’t suggested anything yet, make sure to do so here so you can have a chance at winning a $100 American Express gift card…that’s almost the same as cold hard cash!).
Mandee and a few others suggested a slow-cooker which is a favorite kitchen appliance of mine! The last meal made in mine (before it cracked down the middle) was this Chicken, Sweet Potato, and Butternut Squash recipe. It deceivingly feels like a carb-fest because the butternut squash and sweet potatoes ending up looking so similar that you can hardly tell them apart. One serving of vegetables look and taste like a huge sweet potato. But in reality, the calories and carbs are actually cut drastically because of the butternut squash.
This is a perfect recipe for those days you are just hungry if you know what I mean.
christine @ onceamonthmom.com
- 4 chicken breasts (4 ounces each)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into fourths
- 2 medium butternut squash, peeled & cut into chunks
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, finely chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in slow cooker and place lid on top. Cook on low for 4 hours. Serve.
- Combine all ingredients and put into a gallon size freezer bag.
- Defrost freezer bag overnight in refrigerator and pour contents into slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 4 hours.
Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe • Calories: 415
Fat: 3 • Protein: 57 • Carbs: 36 • Fiber: 8 • WW Points: 6 • Points+: 10