December 2010 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking)
Can it possibly be the last month of 2010? Where did this year go? I can hardly believe it but it is here. Did you survive the holidays? Did you do a once a month cooking day? Or did you skip because of the extra holiday preparation? Whatever your story, I know, in general, many of you postpone once a month cooking until the first of the year and the holidays are over. However, for those of you that want to keep your budget in check and want to have meals ready for when friends and family visit, I give you the December 2010 OAMM Menu.
This month you will find that ham, holiday baking items and holiday preparation items like green beans, gravy, etc. And produce you will see pears, cranberries, sweet potatoes and mushrooms. Hence several of the menu items concentrated around cranberries and mushrooms!
And don’t forget about the Holiday 2010 eCookbook is available to help you prepare your Christmas feast ahead of time. Nothing like being an uber-prepared so you can have more quality time (or sleep) during the holiday.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Listen in the orange player at the top of this post…
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable December 2010 Recipe Cards the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the printable December 2010 Recipe Cards.
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your December 2010 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- December 2010 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- December 2010 OAMM Instructions – FULL Menu
- December 2010 OAMM Instructions – HALF Menu
These customized labels are designed specifically for the December 2010 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – December 2010 – Sunday, December 19 , 9:00 pm – 9:45 pm EST – NOTE: I have changed it to a SUNDAY evening as that was the date most indicated they were available during the designated times. I hope this doesn’t affect your ability to join us. We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Stickam” Tab at the top.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Anne B – I’m married and a mother of one active little boy. The “old ways” of canning, preserving and making everything without pre-packaged store-bought ingredients appeal to us. We are learning to raise food in our garden and think more frugally when it comes to what we eat. I blog at: http://proverbswealth.blogspot.com.
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of December 2010’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget you can always go back and use December 2009‘s menus if you are looking for something different!