Diet November 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
November has finally brought about some much cooler weather here in North Dakota, and with that comes a lot of really good cold-weather comfort foods, like stuffed pork chops, baked ziti, and my favorite–broccoli cheddar soup.
I know that this time of year is one of the hardest in terms of staying with a diet, so it is my hope that our November 2011 Diet Menu will provide you with delicious, diet-friendly meals to help feed you and your family. The last thing we want to do is feel deprived around the holidays, when those around us are indulging in tempting treats…so I have included some lighter versions of holiday and snack-time favorites, such as pumpkin pie smoothies and buffalo chicken sweet potato skins, to make it feel like we’re indulging without all the calories and guilt! Happy cooking and happy dieting!
**Please note there is a Once A Month Mom Holiday eCookbook Blowout Sale on Wednesday, November 2nd starting at 9:30 Eastern Standard Time. Don’t miss out.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable DIET November 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Diet OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable DIET November 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Teriyaki Turkey Burritos
- Buffalo Chicken Sweet Potato Skins
- Black Bean Soup with Pumpkin, Lime, and Chipotles
- Butternut Squash Pizza
- Crockpot Chicken Ropa Vieja **
- Turkey Black Bean Burgers **
- Skinny Creamed Spinach-Stuffed Pork Chops
- Sweet-n-Spicy Beef with Noodles
- Fiery Sauteed Shrimp and Vegetables **
- Spicy Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Cranberry-Balsamic Turkey Tenderloin **
- Baked Ziti with Meat Sauce
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your DIET November 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- DIET November 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- DIET November 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the DIET November 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish, serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day, nutritional information AND Weight Watchers Points. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the November 2011 Diet Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – November 13, 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “FB Fan Night” Tab at the top.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Sarah Romain -
- Philosophy behind the Diet OAMM Menu
- Saving and Printing the DIET Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of DIET November 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget there is always the Traditional November 2011 menu if this one doesn’t suit your whole family, you can always adapt it to make it healthier.