Diet October 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
Can anyone else believe that it is October already? I sure can’t. I love Fall but am not so fond of the long winters here in Ohio so I have mixed feelings about this month. For now I am going to choose to live in the moment and not look ahead to the bitter weather that is headed my way in the future.
One thing I love about Fall though is all the fantastic freezer cooking and slow cooker recipes that become comfort food. It is so much easier to be a freezer cooking mama in the milder seasons. And comfort food does not have to equal a bigger waste line. We have a menu in store for you this month that will have your bellies full of warm and comforting meals but won’t cause your scale to rise.
We hope you enjoy the selections of apple, potatoes and winter squash that are gracing our menu this season. You will also find some lighter favorites like a breakfast casserole and lighter macaroni and cheese. Enjoy!
(And for the record, our newest contributing writer, Jimmie will be bringing you Novembers menu so look forward to great things.)
**Note that there is a Step2 Fresh Market Kitchen giveaway going on now through 10/2, be sure to enter to win. And PLEASE consider filling out our survey (it is short) so we can get to know our readers more. PLEASE!!
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable DIET October 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Diet OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable DIET October 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Turkey and Veggie Meatloaf Muffins
- Butternut Squash Soup
- Baked Potato Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Taco Chili
- Apple Leek Stuffed Pork
- Greek Chicken Stew
Chinese Lemon Chicken Chicken Parmesan Burgers
- Light Mac and Cheese
- Tuscan Chicken and White Beans
- Sausage and Potato Casserole
- Mongolian Beef
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
Items on this menu that are crossed through inadvertently got left off the recipe cards at publication. They are NOT there and are not part of your cooking day. Sorry. But they look like great recipes so we will work to incorporate them into future menus. The links are still there if you want to make them though.
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your DIET October 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- DIET October 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- DIET October 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the DIET October 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish, serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day, nutritional information AND Weight Watchers Points Plus. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the October 2011 Diet Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – October 16th 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Night” Tab on the left.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Dawn Rockholt – I live in TN with my hubby, 2 year old daughter, and baby on the way. My 18 year old sister is also living with us for a while as she gets used to being stateside after 6 years abroad with my parents. I teach part time and am currently pursuing a doctorate in education with the hopes of one day teaching at the university level (hopefully online!). I usually enjoy cooking although I would be lying if I were to say it isn’t a struggle while pregnant! A happy struggle, but still a struggle. My blog can be found at www.adawnday.blogspot.com
- Teresa Brown – I work full-time outside-the-home and am a pastor’s wife with four kids all grown with the youngest still at home and two small grandsons. I am involved in junkin’, redoing furniture and all the stuff that pastoring involves. I love to cook and bake but seem to have less and less time so this is why I thought this would be a good fit for me.
- Trish Unverferth – I’m a full time working mom who loves to cook and reinvent favorite dishes to be more healthy. I have a 3 year old little girl and when I am not working as a programmer I like to go on long walks with our dog and spend time with my family. OAMM meals help take the stress off weeknight meals and still eat healthy.
- Philosophy behind the Diet OAMM Menu
- Saving and Printing the DIET Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of DIET October 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget there is always the Traditional October 2011 menu if this one doesn’t suit your whole family, you can always adapt it to make it healthier.