Diet September 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
It has been a bit of a crazy season around these parts for the Diet menu. My apologies. After doing the menu for over 6 months, our regular diet writer, Christine, decided to take a break. I was confident that we could fill her shoes by the end of the Summer 2011 menu but it seems that the summer just slipped right through our fingers (and she has some tough shoes to fill). Don’t fret, it appears that I have a great writer coming on board soon. However, in the meantime I have had to fill in for the Diet writer. And it isn’t my strength.
Needless to say, the other writers have come to my aid and I think that we have pulled together a good September menu for you! I hope that you enjoy it and we look forward to more great things from this menu as we welcome in the fall.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable DIET September 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Diet OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable DIET September 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Dijon Parmesan Chicken Breast
- Autumn Casserole
- Spanish Chicken & Rice
- Pork & Vegetable Stir Fry
- Spinach Lasagna Rolls
- Basil Shrimp Pouches
- Low Fat Beef Stroganoff
- Seafood Casserole
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your DIET September 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- DIET September 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- DIET September 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the DIET September 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish, serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day, nutritional information AND Weight Watchers Points. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the September 2011 Diet Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – September 17th 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Page Night” Tab in the right side margin.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Wendy Dailey – I am a full time working outside the home mom to 2 beautiful daughters and wife of 8 years to Rocky and so I’m always looking for recipes to make dinner time easier! My blog is about my family, my food, my photos: http://mtdaileys.blogspot.com.
- Philosophy behind the Diet OAMM Menu
- Saving and Printing the DIET Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of DIET September 2011’s menu?