DIET Summer 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
**As of September 12, 2011, all these documents (recipe cards and grocery list) have been updated to reflect needed changes to make them function correctly. Sorry about the inconvenience before now.
Summer is on the horizon! That means more time outside, grilling, salads, and colder meals. Not to mention all the fresh fruit and veggies that are available as sides. Since warm weather is coming soon, the menu for this month incorporates all of the above, including cold salads, no-cook meals, and a few options for grilling.
The option has been taken to do a Summer menu rather than a monthly menu for this section because of all of the seasonal fresh produce available to you throughout the summer months. However, rest assured that we will be bringing your weakly diet (healthy) recipes and ideas for mixing these meals up a bit into something new and exciting. Stay tuned for ways that we are going to challenge you to come up with recipes of your own as well!
Hope you enjoy the food and the outdoors!
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable DIET Summer 2011 Recipe Cards (updated 9/12/11) the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Diet OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable DIET Summer 2011 Recipe Cards (updated 9/12/11).
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or the YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Chilled Spaghetti Salad **
- Greek Spinach Orzo Salad **
- Sugar Snap Pea Salad **
- Chickpea (Garbanzo Bean) and Tomato Salad **
- Best Veggie Burgers I Have Ever Made **
- Grilled Salmon Teriyaki with Stir-Fried Asparagus and Shitaki Mushrooms
- Healthy and Kid Friendly Fish Sticks
- Grilled Summer Steak Kabobs **
- Pork Chops with Pineapple Salsa
- Printable DIET Summer 2011 Recipe Cards (updated 9/12/11)
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your DIET Summer 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- DIET Summer 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- DIET Summer 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the DIET Summer 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish, serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day, nutritional information AND Weight Watchers Points. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – May 15th 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Stickam” Tab in the left side margin.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
Becky – I live in Tennessee near the Smokey Mountains. We moved here from Western New York almost 11 years ago. I am a Christian wife and Mom to 3 kids (14 yrs, 11 yrs, and 3 yrs). I homeschool my kids. I had Lap-Band surgery 2 years ago and have lost 75 pounds. My cooking focuses on being family friendly and frugal. My blog is Party of Five.
- Philosophy behind the Diet OAMM Menu
- Saving and Printing the DIET Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of DIET Summer 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able.