Do It at Home Rotisserie Chicken
You know those fabulous rotisserie chickens you get at the grocery store? Did you know that you can make one at home without even having a rotisserie? I didn’t until about a year ago when I was doing this blog. I was amazed to find out that you could get that rotisserie chicken taste from your best kitchen friend, the slow cooker!
It is so easy. Yes, I would say it is even easier, and faster, than running to the grocery store to pick one up. Seriously.
Here is how:
1. Start by placing 3-4 1-inch round foil balls in the bottom of the slow cooker. This seems a little odd, I know. But this will keep your chicken from soaking in the juices on the bottom which will cause it to fall apart when you remove it. (If you don’t care if it stays in one piece, then by all means, place it on the bottom and let it soak up the extra juices.)
2. Place the whole chicken, breast side up, on the foil balls.
3. Sprinkle it with a Tablespoon or two of garlic powder and paprika.
4. Place the slow cooker lid on and cook on LOW 6-8 hours or until it reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees.
5. When it is done, carefully remove it from the slow cooker. It will be very tender and juicy so you want to be careful removing it if you want it to stay together. You know, to look pretty or something. :)
6. Pick off the meat or serve it up for dinner!
This post is linked up at Works For Me Wednesday at We Are THAT Family.