February 2010 OAMM Menu, Podcast, Grocery List, Instructions and Labels
Happy Blogiversary! Yes, today marks the one year anniversary of the start of this blog. I can hardly believe it has been a whole year. In celebration of the blogiversary I have some exciting contests that will be taking place all month long. Stay tuned later today (2/1/10) for details on how you can participate.
Also, since it has been one year that means if you don’t like this years’ February menu, you can always go back to last years and consider that menu.
I also reviewed two cookbooks during my “maternity leave” and didn’t have a chance to put recipes from them on the menu as we were in the middle of the all stars menus. So this month you will see recipes from my reviews of Mad Hungry and The $5 Dinner Mom Cookbooks.
I kept in mind sale items, of course. I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- It is great to be back to recording podcasts after a few months off. This audio podcast will describe to you the items on sale for the month, the philosophy behind the meal choices and helpful hints for preparing for this months cooking day.
- Listen in the orange player at the top of this post…
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable menu the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the Printable February 2010 Menu.
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your February OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- Printable February 2010 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- February 2010 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the February 2010 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
- Once A Month Mom & Dole Menu Contest (partnering with Vanderbilt Wife)
- Once A Month Mom Cook-Off (partnering with Amy’s Finer Things)
What do you think of February 2010’s menu?
And don’t forget you can always go back to February 2009′s menu if you are looking for something different!