Get Ready for Back To School
I refer to August as the “Mom’s New Year”. August usually ushers in the new school year and with it the return to order from summer chaos. Now some of you are dreading the start of the school year, while others of you have a secret countdown calendar stowed away where you are marking off the days. Yes, I KNOW you do, don’t even try to pretend you don’t!
As order returns to our world and kids have to get to school in a timely manner, moms everywhere begin looking to make a fresh start. New school clothes, new schedules, new school supplies. New, new, new. See what I mean the “Mom New Year”. I think that is what “Back To School” actually means if you look it up on wikipedia. :)
Well around here, getting life in order means restoring order in the kitchen. All of a sudden once a month cooking kicks into high gear. We also start getting question after question about kids lunch ideas and what to do about lunch for those still at home. We will be helping you with some great resources over the next few weeks as we will be talking about some quick things you can have on hand for your family during this busy season.
Also, if you haven’t purchased the Once A Month Mom eCookbook, Survive Before 5, this is a great resource to get your kids off on the right nutritional foot each day. Sure the title and cover have pictures of toddlers, but the truth is that the eCookbook is full of meals and snacks that kids of any age would be glad to eat. And there are plenty of items that can be packed in kids lunch boxes or thermos’.
If you haven’t gotten yours, what are you waiting for? Start restoring order with mealtime.
Survive Before 5 eCookbook Contents:
- A choice of preparing for 1 child, 2 children, 4 children or 6 children.
- Step-by-step instructions for cooking all of these meals in one (or several) days.
- Grocery lists for the 1 child, 2 children, 4 children or 6 children.
- Customized labels for each of your prepared items.
- Recipe cards containing photographs, step-by-step photos and toddler tasks as well.
- A sample calendar to make feeding meals easy.
- Toddler tasks on each recipe cards so that your kids can help you while you cook.
- Recipes included in this one month plan:
- **Indicates NEW Once a Month Mom recipes not found on the website – 5 new recipes in total!
I sure hope that you like the eCookbook. The price of this eCookbook is $7.99. You receive all of the resources above in an easy to view (or print) format.