Get Real: The Get Real Journey in Review
**This post is part of the Get Real series. Please remember that this is meant as a learning community. We know that many of you are passionate about what you do and we want you to express that, just please do so in a way that will be an encouragement and aid to others making a transition. We want this to be a “safe space” for participants to learn. For that reason, we reserve the right to delete any comments that are not handled in this manner.
So now that we’ve taken this journey together for almost a whole year let’s take a look back.
I ask you to consider where you started. What did it look like in the confines of your pantry? Was it filled with boxes, cans, and containers of processed foods? What would we have found as the most prevalent item in your pantry?
And what about your refrigerator? Before you you began the journey to Get Real what did the inside of your refrigerator contain? And what about now? Do you have more vegetables, fruits, and fresh foods?
Just take a few moments to thoughtfully consider how your habits, your eating, your diet, and your life has changed through your transition to whole foods. Are you succeeding? Where have you seen your greatest victory, and where have you faultered along the way?
As we were considering this year’s journey, and discussing what this final month of the Get Real Challenge would look like we were amazed at the topics we were able to cover with the help of SO many blog partners and their wealth of knowledge! If you haven’t already, please “like” these folks on Facebook and check out their websites. You will be awed at the range of information available to you as you continue Getting Real.
Here is a re-cap of what we have covered this year along with a link to each blog partner for each month:
- January – Pantry/Freezer Cleaning with Lisa of 100 Days of Real Food
- February – Grains – Breads with Jo-Lynne of Musings of a Housewife
- March – Grains – Pasta with Kristen of Dine and Dish
- April – Vegetables/Fruits – Gardening with Rachel of Hounds in the Kitchen
- May – Beef/Pork with Vanessa of Chefdruck Musings
- June – Dairy with Wardeh of GNOWFGLINS
- July – Fats – Coupons/Shopping with Stephanie of Keeper of the Home
- August – Vegetables/Fruits – Canning/Freezing Food in Jars
- September – Meat – Poultry with Gudrun of Kitchen Gadget Girl
- October – Household Items & Life Transitions with Donielle of Naturally Knocked Up
- November – Grains – Rice/Beans with Katie of Kitchen Stewardship
In the final weeks of the Get Real Challenge we will hear from a friend of mine whom does research on the affects of whole foods diet on disease; Tricia’s update on how her journey has gone this year; and also some readers will share about their journey to whole foods. Celebrate the journey to healthy eating with us!
- Where have you seen the most changes in your own life and your own home? Please share in the comments and tell us about your struggles and triumphs!
December Get Real:
Please take a moment to thank our guest authors by clicking over to their sites and/or liking them on Facebook and/or Twitter.