GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE August 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
We are still in the hot, lazy days of summer but, believe it or not, school time is just around the bend. This menu features seasonal produce so you can use all those great summer veggies available right now while helping you prepare meals for your family as we look toward heading back into the busy fall schedule.
The Gluten Free Dairy Free August 2011 Menu contains a month’s worth of delicious, family-pleasing, meals to make ahead so that you’re ready for whatever this month has in store. The menu takes advantage of the season’s bounty and grocery sales in the month of August. During August we see a lot of “back-to-school” items on sale, so be sure to stock up early if you can. For produce, avocados, basil, beans, onions, peaches, raspberries, summer squashes, and tomatillos all are at their peak. And we can’t forget those stars of the hot weather and late summer: tomatoes, peppers and eggplants! So, cook up a few meals to help you enjoy and relax into the rest of summer. Hope it is a great one!
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE August 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Gluten Free/Dairy Free OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE August 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Citrus Kissed Chicken Fingers
- Taco Fritters
- Turkey and Summer Veggie Chili
- Chicken Salad with Walnuts and Grapes
- Cilantro and Lime Chicken Breasts**
- Chicken Thai Pizza**
- Slow Cooker Carnitas
- Balsamic Chicken and Roasted Vegetables**
- Stir Fry Ginger Beef**
- Herbed Turkey Meatballs
- Bombay Chicken
- Garlic and Onion Burgers**
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE August 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE August 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE August 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE August 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish and serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the August 2011 Gluten Free Dairy Free Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – August 14, 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Page Night” Tab on the left side margin.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cook:
- Amy Rehmert - I am a stay at home mom of five whose ages range from newborn to 11. I went to the California School of Culinary Arts and now reside in the Pacific Northwest. I am an aspiring Bakery owner who ‘Will Bake for Cash’ :)
- Saving and Printing the OAMM Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE August 2011’s menu?
Gotten your copy of Survive Before 5 eCookbook? If not, you should! Save your sanity for only $7.99. And don’t let the title scare you away if you don’t have toddlers, it is JUST AS GOOD for school age children as well.
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able.