GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE October 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
The leaves are changing and the air is getting brisk. Fall is officially here! This month’s Gluten Free Dairy Free October 2011 OAMM Menu takes advantage of the wonderful fall produce in your local market and the delicious flavors of pumpkin and winter squashes, sweet potatoes, apples and cinnamon. There are plenty of comforting flavors in this menu to keep you and your family cozy. If you find a shortage of pumpkin in your area, try substituting winter squashes or sweet potatoes as a replacement. Enjoy!
**Note that there is a Step2 Fresh Market Kitchen giveaway going on now through 10/2, be sure to enter to win. And PLEASE consider filling out our survey (it is short) so we can get to know our readers more. PLEASE!!
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE October 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Gluten Free/Dairy Free OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE October 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Cranberry Hoisin Chicken Rice
- Slow Cooker Beef and Butternut Squash Stew
- Baked Rice Paper Rolls
- Thai Chicken Patties
- Layered Chicken Pumpkin Enchiladas
- Lazy Cabbage Roll Casserole
- Wing-style Marinated Chicken
- Southwestern Spaghetti Pie
- Apple-Glazed BBQ Chicken
- Pork Chops Baked with Apple & Yams
- Citrus Ginger Chicken
- Crock Pot Roast Beef
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE October 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE October 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE October 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE October 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish and serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the October 2011 Gluten Free Dairy Free Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – October 16th 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Page Night” Tab on the left side margin.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Karen Knowles – Karen is a former business owner and now is a busy at-home mom taking care of two very active boys, one of whom is diagnosed with classic Autism and has required a GFCF diet since the age of two
- Saving and Printing the OAMM Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE October 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able.