Healthy Balsamic & Rosemary Grilled Vegetables
We recently invited a couple over for dinner and my husband informed me that the wife was a vegetarian. I love vegetables and have no problem thinking up meatless dishes so I wasn’t concerned. I also had a marinade I was wanting to try out so I went to work.
They ended up coming over on a Saturday evening which was perfect because we go to our local farmer’s market almost every Saturday. I was excited because that meant fresh vegetables for the dish. I made my selections from what I thought would marinate/grill best and here are the results.
Balsamic & Rosemary Marinade for Grilled Vegetables
Tricia @ Onceamonthmom.com
- 1 medium red pepper, 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium green pepper, 1 inch pieces
- 10 spears asparagus, 1 inch pieces
- 1 portabella mushroom, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 3 Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 0.25 cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary, leaves removed (or approximately 1 Tablespoon fresh)
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoon dill
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- .33 cups olive oil
In a gallon bag, mix together all ingredients. Seal and toss. Refrigerate for an hour or two, then grill until desired doneness. If you don’t have a grill basket like the one pictured you can make a “pan” from foil.
You can freeze this one of two ways-
- Put all ingredients together in a gallon freezer bag. Seal. Freeze. To serve: Thaw. Grill according to your desired doneness. (Your vegetables may not be crunchy, so if you have the option to do #2 with fresh vegetables, for example in the summer, I would recommend that method.)
- Put all marinade ingredients (minus vegetables) in a quart freezer bag and freeze. To serve: Thaw marinade and add to fresh chopped vegetables and allow to marinade for an hour or two. Then grill according to your desired doneness. (Having fresh vegetables on hand is ideal so freezing this way will allow you to use fresh vegetables and more crispness.
Serving Size: ~1 cup • Calories: 159.5 • Fat: 12.2g • Carbs: 12.7g • Protein: 2.2g • Fiber: 2.8g • Weight Watchers Points Plus: 4
This Post will be linked at: