Instructions: September OAMM Menu
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your once a month (OAMC) BIG DAY!
- Google Document of Instructions – September
Please note that all recipes in this document have been altered (increased quantities) to meet the needs of TWO people participating in a OAM Cooking Day. It is indicated on each recipe whether it has been doubled or quadrupled for your convenience. If you are just one person or would like to make less of a particular recipe, you will need to make the adjustments on your own to the recipe and to the grocery shopping list.
- 12 pounds of chicken will be cooked in the crock pot (Easy White Chicken Chili, Chicken & Chilies Casserole) , it does not need to be thawed before cooking. 4 pounds will be used for (Deconstructed Broccoli and Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts) and it can be placed directly in the bags frozen, add sauce and stick back in freezer.
- 6 pounds of beef (Mexican Cornbread Casserole, Carole’s Chili). This meat can be frozen because we are cooking it before freezing again.
- 4 pounds chicken breasts (Chicken Marsala).
- Put 12 pounds of chicken into a crock pot, add 1 cup of water and cook for approximately 8 hours on low or until chicken is done.
- Optional (but HIGHLY recommended) – chop up all vegetables, cook 6 pounds of hamburger and 1 cup of water in crock pot overnight, cook/steam 4 cups of brown rice.
||What to Do
|A||Ingredients that need CHOPPED (**indicates usually okay for food processor)
|B||Preheat oven to 350 degrees.|
|B||Prepare Corn Dog Muffins for oven. Bake for 15-20 minutes.|
|A||Start a stock pot of water boiling. When ready, cook 32 oz of ziti noodles. (Baked Ziti)|
|A||Start 2 Crock pots cooking:
|B||While Corn Dog Muffins are cooking mix and ready for oven the Apple Streusel Muffins.|
|B||When Corn Dog Muffins are done, place them on wire rack for cooling or transfer to a cool cookie sheet for flash freezing.|
|A||Prepare and assemble Baked Ziti – 4 deep dish 8×8 pans.|
|B||Bake Apple Streusel Muffins for 15-18 minutes.|
|A||Cook Ground Beef:
|B||While Apple Streusel Muffins are baking, prepare Silver Dollar Pear Pancake batter and ready for griddle.|
|B||When Apple Streusel Muffins are done, set on cooling rack.|
|B||Cook Silver Dollar Pear Pancake. Set on cooling rack or place on cooled cookie sheet for flash freezing when finished.|
|A||With 2 lbs of cooked beef remaining in the skillet, drain. Begin cooking sauce for Mexican Cornbread Casserole. Proceed with preparation and assembly of Mexican Cornbread Casserole – 4 deep dish 8×8 pans.|
|A||Prepare and assemble Carole’s Chili – 4 gallon freezer bags.|
|B||Once cooled package:
|B||Cook eggs and prepare Eggwiches.|
|B||Wrap and freeze Eggwiches – 4 gallon freezer bags|
|A||Turn off crock pots and allow contents to cool a bit.|
|A||Cook chicken and assemble Chicken Marsala – 4 quart & 4 deep dish 8×8 pans.|
|B||Prepare and assemble:
|BOTH||Congratulations you are DONE!!!!!|