Introduction to Get Started: A Series to Start You on Your Once A Month Cooking Adventure
This month we are staring a series titled “Get Started”. We have realized through surveying readers that we our newest audience has been with us less than 3 months! Wow and WELCOME! We are so excited that you have decided to join us. We are definitely here to help you on your journey exploring once a month cooking (aka freezer cooking or oamc).
Pair all those new readers with the fact that we need to update some of our current resources and get back to the basics; that this series has come to be. You will still see recipes almost every day but each day you will also get a “Get Started” post that will hopefully help you with this new journey (or not so new journey) you are embarking on. It will also help you through exploring the website as a whole. There are so many functional features of the site that you may be unaware of.
So, here is a bit of an overview of some highlighted topics we are planning to cover throughout the month:
- How and why I once a month cook – Each of our contributing writers will be sharing their own personal take on how they use Once A Month Mom to freezer cook; hopefully, helping you to some of the ways that you can use the resources.
- How to flash freeze
- Budgeting for the big cooking day
- Basic needed and other suggested equipment (great for making those holiday wish lists)
- What freezes well, what doesn’t
- Best containers to use, how to save money on containers
- Group cooking and recipe swaps
- Cooking in a small kitchen
- Using a refrigerator freezer for cooking
- And much, much more!
Make sure you are subscribed so you don’t miss any of these great resources! We look forward to having you grow with us and we hope that you learn a ton this coming month.