June Menu, Instructions, Grocery List, Labels and Podcast
I can hardly believe that another month has slipped by. As you heard, I am working to dwindle my freezer supply so I didn’t cook the May menu. I can’t wait to go back and try some of the recipes once my freezer is defrosted. I hope you enjoyed the May menu though.
If you are new to the site this month, WELCOME. We are glad that you have decided to join us. Here is what you will need to participate in the June Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY! Not sure how to get started? Read here.
The last few months I have tried hard to include some great grill recipes. Those are really nice to have around but nothing beats a casserole or crock pot dish for putting it in and forgetting about it! So I have swung the other direction and included very few grill recipes this month. However, given that Father’s Day is this month, I am dedicated this month to all of the Father’s (and soon to be father’s) out there.
ALL of the recipes come from sites run by men. Folks, this was no easy feat! If you have a husband that likes to cook, you might suggest he start a blog. There is a DEFINITE niche waiting to be filled for dad’s that cook (and not just on the grill).
I started out only searching dad blogs but quickly had to move to just men sites. There just wasn’t enough to choose from in my searches. Especially when looking for freezer friendly meals with ingredients in season. I hope you enjoy what I was able to find.
- Coming later this week (hubs and I are beat).
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our OAMC BIG DAY. In the printable menu the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the June Printable Menu.
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your June OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- Printable Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Printable Instructions
Designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them. Cheap and economical; I like it!
- June_Labels_1 – Mocha Chip Muffins, Baked French Toast
- June_Labels_2 – Fresh-fruit Pancakes, Asian Chicken-Salad Pitas
- June_Labels_3 – Taquitos, Sun-dried Tomato & Basil Pinwheels
- June_Labels_4 – Beef-Macaroni Soup, Tater Tot Casserole
- June_Labels_5 – Barbecued Meatloaf, rDad’s Saucy Pepperjack Chicken
- June_Labels_6 – Seasoned Pork Tenderloin, Layered Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- June_Labels_7 – Chicken Curry, Simple Lasagna
- Cream of Coconut – DO not confuse with coconut milk (example)
- Currants – a listed substitute is blueberries. It doesn’t say dried currants but that would make more sense to me with a substitution of raisins. You make the decision whether they are available and you want to include them or a substitute.
- Tips from Cortney & Tricia’s AFTER their OAMC day – Coming at the end of the month.
- Tips and Stories from other readers – Coming at the end of the month.
What do you think of June’s menu?
And don’t forget to check out the right sidebar weekly to vote on past month’s menus!