March Menu, Grocery List, and Instructions
Well, we have the first month under our belts and are moving on to March! I am so excited about this new menu. There is not one recipe on this menu that is a regular in our house, they are all new! I hope that we all end up liking them they sounded pretty tasty. There is also some planning and reasoning behind the menu items chosen.
I wanted to give you some reasoning behind this month’s menu. In doing research I have found that March is typically a month where grocers run a lot of frozen food sales, so we have a lot of frozen food items on our grocery list. With Easter in the beginning of April you should also start to see eggs going on sale at the end of the month, so stay strong! We also have included an egg casserole thinking it would be an easy breakfast item on a busy Easter morning. Also, you will find several recipes that can go on the grill! Yay! The hope of warmer weather!
With Easter coming that means there is also Lent in March, this means sales for seafood. I have to be honest, I am not really much of a seafood fan, however, I saw this as a time of year that it might be cost effective to try out some new recipes. If you have an allergy or aversion to seafood simply substitute equal amounts of raw chicken breasts for the salmon fillets or cooked cubed chicken for the shrimp.
I hope that you had a good February cooking experience and are looking forward to March! We are glad that you have decided to join us. Here is what you will need to participate in the February OAM Cooking BIG DAY! Not sure how to get started, read here.
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our OAM Cooking BIG DAY. In the printable menu the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAM BIG DAY you will need to visit the March Printable Menu.
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAM Cooking BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your February OAM Cooking BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- Printable Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAM Cooking BIG DAY!
- Printable Instructions
Labels – NEW!
Designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent!
- March Labels – 1 – Whole Wheat Orange Spice Muffins, Farmers Casserole
- March Labels – 2 – Chocolate Chip Raspberry Pancakes, Spinach Tortellini Soup
- March Labels – 3 – Jamie’s Minestrone, Pizza Roll-Ups
- March Labels – 4 – Baked Chicken Fingers, Raspberry Chicken
- March Labels – 5 – Mandarin Orange Chicken, Shrimp with Roasted Red Peppers and Feta
- March Labels – 6 – Orange Marmalade Marinade Chicken, Firecracker Salmon
- March Labels – 7 - Mexican “Un”Stuffed Shells, Shepherd’s Pie
- March Labels – 8 - Buffalo Shrimp, Blanks
What do you think of March’s menu?