Where to Start
Welcome! If you are new to Once A Month Mom, you have come to the right page. We want to help you get started on your journey with us by giving you a step-by-step map for your cooking adventure.
1. PURCHASE a membership
Membership is necessary if you want to prepare a menu of ours from January 2012 to present. We don’t offer a “trial period” with membership because our menus prior to 2012 are free (there are over 50 of those).
You can purchase a recurring monthly or yearly membership (yearly membership offers the best price). Membership provides you access to all our menu documents, ebooks, and occasional special perks. For full details and to view a video on membership, visit our Become a Member page.
My schedule is absolutely brutal during the school year. I am a wife, teacher, mom of 3, and a graduate student. My husband travels BUT is a God-sent when he is home. He actually suggested we use a cooking service. Did I mention I’m a teacher – we can’t afford that! So, I came about this sight and joined in Aug! I only cook/eat out about once a week know. My adventure in 2013 is to tweak the recipes to go back to ones my family REALLY LOVED (I would love you guys to add a favorites tab for members or allow us to delete meals so they won’t show up in our grocery list) and to figure out how to cut meals I know the kids n hubby just won’ eat. God-speed ladies!!!”
I recruit my son or husband to help me get these freezer meals together and I am STILL able to put dinner on the table for them. It means so much to me to be able to spend time with them and eat around the table and continue to build memories that they will remember me by.
2. CHOOSE the menu(s) that fits your family
- Traditional Menu - Designed for ease and efficiency in the kitchen, providing family-friendly freezable recipes.
- Whole Foods Menu – Freezer-friendly, from-scratch, unprocessed, seasonal meals for you and your whole family.
- Diet Menu – Lighter, healthier recipes for yourself or your whole family.
- Gluten Free & Dairy Free Menu – Make meals for the special dietary needs of your family manageable, one month at a time.
- Vegetarian Menu – Family-friendly approach to stocking your freezer with meatless meals everyone will enjoy.
- Baby Food (Toddler/Kids) Menu – Establish lasting, healthy choices in kids from first foods to adult foods through recipes and monthly menus.
- Mini Menus – Designed to be a shorter, simpler way for you to put away family-friendly freezable recipes and warm up to once a month cooking.
- Paleo - Fill your freezer with paleo-friendly recipes for yourself or your whole family.
3. Print the Documents
We use Google Docs around here. Why? So that we can offer the flexibility of letting you change the serving size of our menus to meet the needs of your family. Yes, it can be a bit tricky, and you do need to follow a set of rules to make this happen. If you follow this post, that yellow box will fall right into place, and you will be on your way!
After choosing your menu, go to the main menu post. This will lead you to each of the following documents that you need to print for your cooking day:
- Recipe Cards
- Grocery List
4. Get Going
Whether it is finding a partner, setting a budget, organizing yourself, getting the most bang for your buck while shopping, or just finding the best freezer containers, we have the answers for you! Our Getting Started series will take you through the essentials you need to know to be successful on your first (or 50th) freezer cooking day!