Menu Plan Monday – The Van Buying Edition
So you may (or maybe not) noticed I didn’t get a Menu Plan Monday up last week. I just didn’t have the heart. I menu planned a bit but just wasn’t feeling the writing the post bit. Honestly, (and I can be honest with you, right?) I have just not been feeling as bloggy lately. I am going to blame the heat. That is what everyone else is doing, right? It is summer and there are just so many things to pack into the day and then you are just WIPED OUT from the sun.
I’m not complaining, just being real here. Summer seems to be the “winter” of blogging so to speak. So I have been relaxing, taking it easy and choosing not to stress if I don’t get a post on what we are eating. Hope you don’ t mind.
And this week? Well this week I just don’t even know what or how to plan. We have had our SUV on the market for a bit now in the anticipation of moving into the mini-van club. I am excited to say that it looks like we have a buyer and will be doing that very soon. However, we have to work out the exchange, their meeting with the bank and more. Add to that we are on the fence about whether we want a Honda Odyssey or a Toyota Sienna and which features/year/model it needs to be. My head is spinning! Thankfully we are getting an Odyssey to drive for the week so that I can make an informed choice and I will be sure to tell you all about that experience.
But the menu plan for this week? Well, it is going to have to be more of a rough outline or list of recipes we will be having and less of a schedule. At this point, I have NO IDEA what the schedule is going to be. And if you wonder if that drives me crazy? YES!!!
So here is what “plan” I have thus far:
Menu Plan Monday
Kids Lunch Meals:
- Peanut Butter & Jelly, homemade goldfish crackers (thanks pinterest),
- Individual Mac & Cheese Cups (Survive Before 5 eCookbook), broccoli, cantaloupe
- Homemade Cheesy Rice (Survive Before 5 eCookbook), blueberries
- Fish Sticks, California vegetables, mandarin oranges
- Cheesy Ham Biscuit Muffins, fresh fruit, carrot sticks
- homemade yogurt tubes
- Balsamic Glazed Pork with Green Beans
- Crockpot Minestrone, bread, fresh fruit
- A batch of Kelly’s Pizza Dough which I will turn into 2 different meals, most likely one of them will be Ham & Potato Pockets as I have been craving them lately!
- BBQ Chicken Salad with Chipotle Lime Dressing
- leftovers at least one night
Gotten your copy of Survive Before 5 eCookbook? If not, you should! Save your sanity for only $7.99.
For more great Menu Plan Monday menu planning ideas visit orgjunkie.com!