Mother’s Day Gift Guide for the Vegetarian Mom
Mother’s Day in my family is nearly always about food, with a big family breakfast (or brunch). So, why shouldn’t the gifts be about food, too? As a vegetarian, some of my most cherished gifts are for kitchen and gardening supplies. Some of these little items make life a lot easier, but I might never shell out the bucks for them myself. So I put them on my wish list and see what happens.
Kitchen Appliances and Tools
- Rice Cooker: In my opinion, this is a must-have for any frequent cook. Cooking rice on the stovetop is not hard, but this is just so much easier. And, you can cook entire meals in the rice cooker. It’s like a slow cooker, but fast.
- Electronic Scale: Great for those complicated recipes and for canning your yummy garden-grown vegetables.
- Mandoline: Seriously, why did I slice veggies by hand for so long? Life is much better with a mandoline or some sort of easy-slicing tool.
- Canning Equipment Set: If your loved one is a gardener, canning is an excellent way to preserve the veggies for yearlong use. I only recently started canning as our garden is finally big enough to have “leftovers.”
- Canning Pot, water bath: I use my water bath canner often. It’s simple and can do the work for most cans. But, for less acidic foods you need a Pressure Canner. I actually don’t have one yet. I’m hoping I might get this one myself this year.
- Organic Vegan Fertilizer: I’m not a vegan, but for those who take vegetarianism and veganism into all aspects of their lives, an organic vegan fertilizer is a must for the garden.
- Magnetic “Out of” List: This is a great gift for the kitchen of any mom. I have a homemade version, but I’ve been wanting the ready-made variety for a while now. This will help with mommy brain forgetfulness.
- Do Vegetarians Eat Animal Crackers? Apron: For the vegetarian mom with a sense of humor these novelty aprons would be a great choice.
- Vegetarian Safari Hunter Apron: I’d love one of these myself. I’ve often thought of mounting my well-grown veggies for future generations to enjoy.
For previous gift guide suggestions see the following posts: Gluten Free/Dairy Free Gift Guide, Whole Foods Gift Guide, Cooking Gift Guide, Once A Month Cooking Gift Guide, OAMM Suggested Equipment post, the Mother’s Day Kitchen Gift Guide, or the OAMM Amazon Store.
*This post contains affiliate links.