November 2010 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking)
It’s November. Really? Where did this year go? I am sure you are asking yourself the same question. As far as menu plans go, I love the fall/winter menu plans. It is so easy to be in the kitchen letting the warm stove warm me as I squirrel away meals for us. What about you?
I have some exciting news for you this month! After doing a poll of the readers I was absolutely shocked to find that over 50% of you do half the menu instead of the full menu. Meaning you either don’t have a cooking partner, like cooking on your own, or you have a smaller family size. I appreciate all of you that have happily been making adjustments on your own. HOWEVER, majority rules in my mind so I have made some changes I think ALL of you are going to love.
This month, the recipe cards, grocery list and instructions have ALL been adapted to include measurements, amounts and directions for a HALF menu and a FULL menu. Those of you cooking for two families or cooking with a partner will want to follow the FULL menu – nothing has changed on that format. A FULL menu still serves two families of 4. However, those of you cooking for one family of four will be happy to have the adjusted HALF menu. A HALF menu serves one family of 4.
My fingers crossed that all of the elements work and fit what you need. Please be patient with the new format this month as we work to iron out any kinks.
November 2010 Menu Notes:
This months menu is full of great fall treats for keeping you warm while you are eating in December (Remember, most of us shop the sales all month long, cook at the end of the month and eat our bounty the following month). The menu items that are highlighted will likely be on sale throughout the month so if you need to get your cooking done early, you should still save money.
And if you are needing help with the Thanksgiving feast, don’t forget that the Holiday 2010 eCookbook is available to help you prepare your feast ahead of time. Nothing like being an uber-prepared so you can have more quality time (or sleep) during the holiday.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Sorry, another crazy month, I promise it will be back next month!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the printable November 2010 Recipe Cards.
- Cranberry Chicken & Rice**
- Pizza Casserole
- Chicken Tacos**
- Stuffed Cabbage Rolls
- Beef Stew with Cinnamon and Yams**
- Mexican Roundsteak**
- Potato Corn Chowder**
- Chicken Cobbler Casserole
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your November OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- November 2010 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- HALF Menu – November 2010 OAMM Instructions
- FULL Menu – November 2010 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the November 2010 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Facebook Fan Party:
- OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – November 2010 – November 11th, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – (I had to move it up a week because of Thanksgiving). But in exciting news, we will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? You can also see other past recordings including segments from last months Once A Month Mom Tweet-up.
- Instructions for viewing live-stream:
-Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
-Click on the “Stickam” Tab at the top.
-Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
- Instructions for viewing live-stream:
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Katy S – I’m a stay at home mom to three boys, from 6 months to 8 years. I love to cook and bake, mostly bake, and am always looking for new recipes and ideas to get meals on the table and have fun in the kitchen. I also blog at www.katy-alphabetsoup.blogspot.com.
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of the November 2010’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget you can always go back and use November 2009′s menus if you are looking for something different!