October 2010 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking)
It is officially fall and fall menus are some of my favorites to dream up. This years format is a little different than last October as we are not incorporating the holiday menu items into this menu. Instead, there will be a Holiday eBook available mid-October that can be purchased (for a small fee) that will include everything you need to do an OAMC day in preparation for Thanksgiving or Christmas. Stay tuned for information on that.
In the meantime, this menu focuses a lot on apples, pork and “comfort foods”. I have tried to stay away from pumpkin recipes because there is a chance that there is a shortage of pumpkin puree this season. Many stores aren’t even carrying it until closer to the holiday. There is one recipe below that calls for it so if you can’t find it you may need to bake your own pumpkin.
And please don’t forget all the exciting things happening here this month. There is the Saving Second Base: Breast Cancer eCookbook Project – we will continue to accept submissions throughout the month. Then there is registration for the 2nd Annual Once A Month Mom Tweet-Up. Registration opens on the 7th of October and the event will take place October 23rd. And, in case all that weren’t enough there is a holiday ebook being released mid-month. Busy, busy, busy.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Sorry, too much going on to do it this month!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable October 2010 Recipe Cards the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the printable October 2010 Recipe Cards.
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your October OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- October 2010 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- October 2010 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the October 2010 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Facebook Fan Party:
- OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – October 2010 – October 14th, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – (I had to move it up a week because we will in transit to Atlanta for the Once A Month Mom Tweet-Up on the 21st). But in exciting news, we will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event. It is going to be so much fun! Share stories about your cooking, ask questions, clarify the menu, and meet other OAMM cooks!
- An event not to be missed! If you are in the Atlanta area, please come. Tickets will be available starting Thursday, October 7th at 7:00 pm EST. Not in Atlanta? You can still participate and join in on the prize winnings. Full details coming on Thursday, October 7th at 7:00 pm EST.
- I will provide the link here but sometime mid-October there will be a Holiday eCookbook available that will be everything you need to prepare your Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners ahead of time! No more slaving over the food while company is in town. Instead, you can relax, enjoy the season and know that your family will still be eating well. More details on included recipes, price and availability coming soon.
- How to bake a pumpkin
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of October 2010’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget you can always go back and use October 2009‘s menus if you are looking for something different!