Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa and Blackberry Syrup GIVEAWAY
My husband and I have a slight addiction to cookbooks. We love to look through them and come up with new, fun and fresh meals but it seems we get so excited at first purchase then they get put away and never seen again. Last year my husband decided to pull out a few of the books and tag what he felt would be good. And we went to work making some new favorites. This recipe jumped off the page at him and it’s been a favorite in our house ever since. And yes, I’ll admit that mangoes aren’t a local product here in Colorado, but I do splurge on occasion. The real secret to this recipe is the syrup ingredients. My oldest and dearest friend Jina comes from the family who started the famous Kozlowski Farms. Her Grandparents started this amazing small business that creates, not some of, but THE best jams, jellies, and spreads I have ever had. They were also one of the first farms in California to be come certified organic. You may see the Kozlowski label in your grocery store, they are nationwide in many stores! However I feel you will always get a better deal ordering from the farm directly, not to mention excellent customer service from the family themselves! When I was back home in California for the 4th holiday weekend I decided to stop in and stock up on some of our favorites and decided that I needed to share this goodness with YOU!! Enter to win a Kozlowski Fun Pack, made by me!! Rasberry Vinegar, Blackberry Jam and Blackberry Syrup. See entry details below.
Pork Tenderloin with Mango Salsa and Blackberry Syrup
Kelly @ Onceamonthmom.com
- 1 1/2 cups Mango, Diced
- 2 tablespoons Red onion, diced
- 1 tablespoons Mint, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoons Jalapenos, seeded, diced
- 1/2 teaspoons Lime, zest
- 2 teaspoons Lime, Juice
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 3/4 cups Raspberry Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Blackberry Preserves
- 1/8 teaspoons Salt
- 2 medium Pork Tenderloins
- 1 1/4 teaspoons Salt
- 1/2 teaspoons Pepper
- 2 tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Mango Salsa: Combine the mango, onion, mint, jalapeno, lime zest, lime juice, and salt into a bowl. Stir together and place into pint freezer bag. Blackberry Syrup: Whisk together vinegar, preserves, and salt in a small saucepan over medium high heat until reduced to about 1/2, about 10 minutes. What it carefully doesn’t burn or over reduce. Season pork w salt and pepper. Saute pork on all sides until golden brown. Transfer to baking sheet and bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, slice and top with salsa and syrup.
Place pork into gallon freezer bag, include salsa and syrup bags, store until ready to cook. TO SERVE: Thaw. Season pork w salt and pepper. Saute pork on all sides until golden brown. Transfer to baking sheet and bake at 450 for 10-12 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes, slice and top with salsa and syrup.
Kozlowski Fun Pack – Rasberry Vinegar, Blackberry Jam and Blackberry Syrup
Here is how you enter to win:
1. Leave a Comment telling me you would like to win.
Additional ways to enter:
2. Tweet or Facebook this contest – use @onceamonthmom or @wholefoodsoamm And don’t forget to leave a comment below stating you have done so.
3. Become a Facebook Fan of Once A Month Mom Fan Page. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
4. Become a Facebook Fan of Kozlowski Farms. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
5. Subscribe to the Once A Month Mom blog via RSS or email. Let me know that you have done so. Of course, if you are already subscriber make sure you leave that too.
This giveaway ends Sunday, August 21st at 5 pm (EST).
Disclosure: I purchased the gifts myself to giveaway. All the opinions in this post are mine, want to know more about how I facilitate reviews, view my full disclosure policy!
This Post will be linked at: