Saturday Stumbles: November 27, 2010
I originally intended this post for last week BEFORE the holiday. Life happens, right? I hope that you had a wonderful holiday and perhaps a productive Black Friday. I am recovering from Black Friday and headed to another family gathering post-thanksgiving. This one is a fondue occasion so I am so excited!
Here is what I read this week:
Once A Month Mom’s
- Surviving Motherhood has a GREAT post on their freezer/batch cooking day with the September OAMM menu. They do a FANTASTIC job telling their story and answering some of the questions you commonly ask. Here are some highlights, but go read about it for yourself!
- They spent $170 for 25 meals each
- They say it IS worth it.
- They love the variety of the menu items.
- Savings Lifestyle mentions Once A Month Mom in her segment on WDTN on Saving on Your Thanksgiving Grocery Shopping.
- 30 Day Cafe put the Toddler French Sticks on her post on 5 handheld and healthy breakfasts to send your child out the door with.
- Simple Mama did a hybrid of three of the months menu and had some mixed feelings about her experience. I applaud her efforts and would definitely suggest starting out with one menu and the grocery lists to make life easier on that first journey. But I love her honesty which is super, super important. I can’t win them all! :)
Recipes (that caught my eye)
- Soft Garlic Knots from Zoom Yummy
- French Bread Rolls from Dine & Dish
- Homemade French Bread Pizzas from How Sweet It Is