This is a Cortney Loyd Original – and there aren’t too many of those! The fact that this recipe has junks of vegetables in it alone tells you it is something to write about! (Cortney has a thing with actually seeing vegetables, ask her about it some time)! This is slow cooked spaghetti sauce that can be used with the lasagna recipe also.
Cortney Loyd @ onceamonthmom.com
- 1 pound Ground Beef (or 2 lbs instead of sausage)
- 1 pound Sausage
- 1/2 cup Onion, chopped
- 29 ounces Tomatoes, diced
- 14.5 ounces Tomato, sauce
- 12 ounces Tomato paste
- 2 Tablespoons Basil, dried
- 5 cloves Garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons Oregano, dried
- 5 Tablespoons Parsley, dried
- 10 ounces Mushrooms, canned or 1 lb fresh (Cortney suggests fresh)
In a stockpot, brown the beef, sausage, and onion over medium heat. Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for one hour.
After fully cooked, place sauce in medium or large plastic ware or gallon size zipper freezer bags. Make sure to leave at least 1/4 inch space above the liquid as it does expand during freezing.