Summer 2010 OAMM Menu
I am SO excited about this menu. For so many reasons. The summer off, great summer grilling recipes, recipes from yours truly, and a menu that doesn’t use the oven! Woot!
1. You may have noticed instead of it being the May 2010 menu it is the Summer 2010 Menu. That is not a typo, this menu will be the featured Menu until August 1st, 2010. I learned after last summer that a lot of people forgo freezer cooking during the summer for many reasons: vacations, less time, more mouths to feed, not wanting to turn the oven on, etc. In addition, the sales items throughout the summer are virtually the same (listen to the podcast to hear what they are), the produce is the only thing that changes a bit. And I figure if you DO want to do once a month cooking more than once this summer you can go back and use the menus from May, June or July of last year, they are great menu too!
Don’t worry, I will still be around this summer posting like crazy, bringing you new recipes and talking about everything from cooking to eating out to vacation to exciting adventures. I just will be free to try out some new things and get prepared for the great fall menus. And of course, to enjoy my two kiddos and husband.
2 & 3. I have been whipping up some great recipes the last few weeks and I am having so much fun. I can’t wait to try new ones out this summer as well! I’m having so much fun experimenting. Watch out Martha Stewart (yea, not really)!
4. Yes, you read that right. This menu DOES not require to turn your oven on during your cooking day! Can I hear an AMEN! That is one of the single greatest drawbacks of doing oamc during the summer. Well, not with this menu. This is BY FAR the easiest to put together menu I have ever created. There is little to no cooking involved at all. In addition, there are very few recipes that use your oven when you cook. Most of them can be grilled or done in the slow cooker. That should help save on the cooling bills!
Oh, and one more thing. I know there are several recipes that contain bleu cheese on this menu. I also know that people either love bleu cheese or hate it. If your family falls into the “hate it” category just substitute shredded Mozzarella cheese instead. They will taste just as great. Also, if your family likes spicy feel free to up the amounts of buffalo sauce (or decrease for more mild flavor).
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Listen in the orange player at the top of this post…
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable Summer 2010 Recipe Cards the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the printable Summer 2010 Recipe Cards.
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your Summer OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- Summer 2010 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Summer 2010 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the April 2010 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
- Sliced & Diced: Onions
- Sliced & Diced: Ground Beef
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of Summer 2010’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget you can always go back and use May 2009, June 2009 or July 2009‘s menus if you are looking for something different!