Taco Soup Recipe
When I am having a bit of menu creation block, I often turn to Facebook for inspiration. I did that this past month when I needed one more menu item to grace the October menu (due out tomorrow). I don’t have pretty pictures as of yet, I just haven’t had time. But I thought you might enjoy trying this soup out for yourself. (Feel free to submit pictures via the Facebook Fan Page when/if you make it!)
Nikki Eddy care of Tricia @ Onceamonthmom.com
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1.25 cups onion, diced
- 15.5 ounces kidney beans (undrained)
- 15.5 ounces black beans (undrained)
- 15.5 ounces pinto beans (undrained)
- 15.5 ounces canned corn, drained
- 10 ounces canned green tomatoes with chilies (Ro-Tel)
- 1 packages Hidden Valley Ranch seasoning
- 1 packages taco seasoning
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
Brown hamburger and onion; drain. Place ingredients in a slow cooker. Cook for 3-5 hours on high or until heated through. Top with sour cream, cheese, and/or jalapenos, if desired.
Let cool; divide among 2 gallon freezer bags. Freeze. To serve: Reheat on stove top or in microwave for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Top with sour cream, cheese, and/or jalapenos, if desired.
This Post will be linked at: