Top Ten Tuesday: Once A Month Cooking Gift Ideas
I thought this season would be a good season to shower you with ideas for your own wish list or for those on your gift list. I meant to start last week so we could get a good jump on your holiday gift giving ideas but alas illness prevented that plan. So we begin this week. Here are the topics I think we will be covering between now and Christmas: Today’s once a month cooking items, general kitchen items, items for baby/toddler, items for moms of babies/toddlers, and miscellaneous.
This isn’t an official gift guide where I have received all of these items to review. These are items that I find myself using on a regular basis or through a review were introduced to and haven’t let go of. They are items you would find me using if you walked into my home. These are affiliate links.
Today’s list starts with items that I regularly find myself using on Once A Month Cooking days. If there is someone in your life that is looking to get started these might be great gift ideas for them!
1. Hamilton Beach 6-Quart Programmable Slow Cooker – whether it is a once a month cooking day or simply an evening meal I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this slow cooker. It has some great settings that allow me to program it and walk away for the day or go to sleep at night. The latched lid makes it an easy transport to events or to a friends house for cooking as well!
2. Cuisinart 12-Cup Elite Food Processor – My slow cooker, my food processor and I are all BFF’s. We have to be! Have you seen the chopping lists for a cooking day? I love the extra bowl this one comes with so that I can chop two different products before having to do dishes.
3. Oneida 12-Quart Stock Pot – We usually need LARGE pans and stockpots for cooking all of those goods!
4. Measuring Devices – It really doesn’t matter which brands you use but you need several sets of measuring devices. No matter what my husband thinks, you just DO! These are the ones I use on a regular basis:
- Pyrex 4-Cup Glass Measuring Cup
- Oxo Good Grips Angled Liquid Measuring Cups
- Oxo Measuring Cups Set
- Oxo Measuring Spoons
5. Large Mixing Bowls – Really, there isn’t such a thing as “too large”. We are mixing massive amounts of items for any one recipe so the bigger the bowl, the better!
6. Chop Keeper – I originally reviewed this product as part of the Mother’s Day Gift Guide and it is constantly being used as a portable work surface on my cooking days. It seems so simple I thought originally I would have no use for it. I was wrong.
7. A Good Can Opener – I actually don’t own one of these but I wish I did (hint, hint hubs). On any given cooking day there a million and one canned goods to open and frankly my hands get warn out with a manual can opener. Any recommendations by YOU on which one is the BEST to have?
8. CUTCO Knives (not an affiliate link) – When you aren’t using the food processor you are most certainly in need of some good knives. My family swears by CUTCO. I can see why. These knives have been VERY GOOD to me over the last year we have had them. I do adore them. They are expensive so if a set is beyond your budget perhaps start with just one. I know one family who gives a kitchen knife a year to their growing children in much the same way they give a tool a year to their sons for their tool box. A great way to invest in needed items for their future!
9. Imprint Anti-Fatigue Mat – any cook that is on their feet for more than 8 hours at a time, has back issues or wants to not feel as worn out at the end of the day NEEDS one of these. It may seem like a simple mat wouldn’t help that much, but let me tell you IT DOES! I reviewed these earlier in the year and haven’t looked back since. I have also gotten them for cooks I love as well. Now through November 30th you can get 25% off and free shipping – that is a GREAT savings!
10. Ziploc Containers & Freezer Bags – when you are on a budget or want to put together a gift basket for the once a month cook you CAN NOT go wrong with either of these items. I go through these faster than I go through flour or sugar!
And after all those, if you still don’t see the perfect thing for the once a month cook in your life, try taking a look at the OAMM Suggested Equipment post, the Mother’s Day Kitchen Gift Guide, or the OAMM Amazon Store.