Top Ten Tuesday: Traveling with a Toddler (24 Hour Giveaway)
Disclosure: I am working in partnership with Marriott and TheMotherhood.com to cover the Marriott Tots Travel Too program and have received a stipend. A portion of those proceeds went to compensate my son with cookies to make this video. The opinions are my own, my son however was bribed for the making of this film. :)
My husband and I love to travel. Before we settled in to having children we decided we had to take one more big vacation. We chose Hawaii. Now that we have children we still have the bug to travel we just don’t get to as often now that we have children. In fact, month when we went away for a week to Outer Banks, North Carolina, I coined a new term. Advencation.
Advencation (Ad ven ca tion) – the trips you take away from your home for a set period of time that involve children from birth to 12 year old. Said time does NOT include any form of relaxation. Formerly known as vacation prior to arrival of children. The act of taking an adventure to entertain said children.
That’s my definition of our “vacations” now that we have children. What do you think?
Anyhoo, I was so excited to see this campaign from Marriott because they have ACTUALLY figured out that those of us with toddlers may still like to travel! We also like to do it with our children, we just don’t always have the resources or time to make it happen. See definition of Advencation. I am exhausted by the time I pack everything that is needed.
But Marriott has just made it easier. They have new Toddler Kits for you to get while you stay in their hotels. The Toddler Travel Kits include:
- COVERPLAY knit sheet
- COVERPLAY® removable crib slipcover
- Johnson’s & Johnson’s Shampoo and Lotion
- Outlet covers
- A bathtoy
- Tots Travel Too onesie
- Disposable bibs
Isn’t that cool? What a big help. Next time you are staying at a Marriott, be sure to ask for your complimentary kit or those forgotten items. And what is more, Marriott wants to know what do you find essential when traveling with toddlers? Hence, today’s Top Ten List. . .
Oh yea, this was suppose to be a Top Ten List, right? Sorry, I got all excited about the travel kits.
Here is our list of Traveling with Toddler essentials:
[youtube 2U2R0bYfLmk nolink]
#10. Your turn – what did I forget? What do you find essential when traveling with toddlers?
AND this is a contest. . .
Here is how to enter (please leave separate comments for each thing that you do):
**THIS CONTEST IS CLOSED. COMMENTS WILL BE APPROVED BUT NOT INCLUDED IN THE FINAL DRAWING.
1. Leave a Comment on what your #10 would be – What do you find essential when traveling with toddlers? [All suggestions will also be shared at TheMotherhood.com Marriott Toddlers Travel Too Circle]
Additional ways to enter:
2. Tweet or Facebook this contest – Win $250 @marriottIntl gc @onceamonthmom And don’t forget to leave a comment below stating you have done so. http://onceamonthmom.com/top-ten-tuesday-traveling-with-a-toddler #TotsTravel2.
3. Become a Fan of Once A Month Mom. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
4. Follow @MarriottIntl on Twitter. Leave a comment below that you have done so.
5. Subscribe to the Once A Month Mom blog via RSS or email. Let me know that you have done so. Of course, if you are already subscriber make sure you leave that too.
HURRY, HURRY, HURRY this giveaway ends Wednesday, June 30th at 5 pm (EST). Winner will be chosen by random using random.org.
**Don’t forget to give Jen some $4 love – today is day 2 of the Celebrate Jen Campaign!