TRADITIONAL April 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking)
Nope! This year I am NOT playing an April Fool’s joke on you like last year. This is the real deal! In fact, I am excited that this is the FIRST month that Pam is flying solo on a menu. I think that you will find that her menus look very similar to choices I would make myself.
Easter falls in April this year so you will be seeing ham, baked goods, eggs and all those other Easter staples on sale this month. You will also start seeing fresh Spring produce appearing. Asparagus, strawberries, pea pods, mushrooms and the ever present broccoli. Yum!
We are also making the transition of starting to offer meals that you can make on the grill. Oh the grill, how I love thee!
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable April 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the printable April 2011 Recipe Cards.
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your April OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- April 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- April 2011 OAMM Instructions – HALF Menu
- April 2011 OAMM Instructions – FULL Menu
These customized labels are designed specifically for the April 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – April 10 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST (A week early because Easter is on the 3rd Sunday) – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Stickam” Tab at the top.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Leana Seabolt – I’m a busy girl! I am truly blessed with a wonderful husband and three beautiful children (12, 6 and 2). I have a full time job with an hour commute (each way!). We have two horses, two school age kids with homework every night and did I mention a 2 year old? That doesn’t leave much time for cooking, so OAMC works well for us… and OAMM rocks!! I also blog at Sweeties Kitchen Adventures.
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of April 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget you can always go back and use April 2009′s OR April 2010′s menus if you are looking for something different!