TRADITIONAL August 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking)
Writing the August menu is a bit bittersweet for me. I’m not sure I’m ready for summer to come to an end!
This menu includes many seasonal items, yet since my kids (and I’m guessing many of yours!) start school soon, it also includes many easy meals to keep on hand as your family prepares for the busy school/fall schedule.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable August 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the printable August 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your August 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- TRADITIONAL August 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- TRADITIONAL August 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the August 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the August 2011 Traditional Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – August 14, 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Night” Tab on the left.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Two Chicks Cooking have been friends for over 30 years. They are now empty nesters, but have children home for the summer. They enjoy the OAMC concept and wish they had been aware when their kids were little. Their families are more into beef than chicken, and they like to share delicious sounding recipes at Two Chicks Cooking.
- Mandy is a mom to a 5-year-old and 9-month-old twins. She is also a teacher and blogs occasionally about her family at Working Hard Mom.
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of August 2011’s menu?
Gotten your copy of Survive Before 5 eCookbook? If not, you should! Save your sanity for only $7.99. And don’t let the title scare you away if you don’t have toddlers, it is JUST AS GOOD for school age children as well.
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget you can always go back and use August 2009‘s OR August 2010‘s menus if you are looking for something different!