TRADITIONAL January 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking)
Welcome to 2011! Happy New Year! I am so so excited to get this year under way. There are so many great things in store at this sight in 2011. Including the debut of a Once A Month Mom DIET menu! Woot! So if you were feeling a little sad that you still needed to do oamc but were needing to cut back the calories, head on over and check out the menu Christine has whipped up for you!
In the meantime, everyone else that isn’t watching their waste-line (no harm in that, right?) can stay right here and see what I have in store for you for January. I have to say, this is one of my favorite menus in the last few 6 months or so. Perhaps it is all the recipes that include buffalo sauce! We love buffalo sauce and I have come to find out that many of you do to! And given that it is the hear to football season, I thought you could use some recipes that you can serve on game day as well as throughout the month.
Oh yea, I almost forgot! From here on out we will be referring to this menu as the TRADITIONAL menu. With the addition of new menu types I want to make sure you aren’t confused about which menu is which.
So without further ado, the January 2011 Traditional Once A Month Mom menu. . .ENJOY!
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Listen in the orange player at the top of this post…
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable TRADITIONAL January 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the printable TRADITIONAL January 2011 Recipe Cards.
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your TRADITIONAL January 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- January TRADITIONAL 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- January TRADITIONAL 2011 OAMM Instructions – FULL Menu
- January TRADITIONAL 2011 OAMM Instructions – HALF Menu
These customized labels are designed specifically for the January 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – January 16 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Stickam” Tab at the top.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Heather Ashley – Heather Ashley is a teacher, small business owner, and a freelance writer who loves to cook! She is also a novice blogger! You can find her blogging at teachercents.blogspot.com and notyourordinarymrs.blogspot.com
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of TRADITIONAL January 2011 ’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget you can always go back and use January 2010′s menu if you are looking for something different!