TRADITIONAL June 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking)
Summer is rolling in, the kids are (or soon will be!) out of school, and warm weather activities are here! If you are anything like me, cooking is one of the last things you want to do during the summer months. However, our families still need to eat, so I’ve compiled a menu with several easy-to-serve meals to cut down on your cooking time, and certainly the use of the oven during June.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable June 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the printable June 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or the YELLOW BOX? See this post!
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your June OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- Traditional June 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Traditional June 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the June 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – June 12th 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Night” Tab on the left.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Diane Andrews – I’m a mom of 6 – 2 bio kids and 4 foster kids. We live in the boonies about 40 minutes outside of town. Our blog is joshuanora.blogspot.com.
- Heather Allen – I’m a work at home mom (nurse medical coder) to 3 boys (2) 9′s and a 14, and a sweet hubby of 24 years! I am a veteran bulk/freezer cook whose love of cooking and spending time in the kitchen trying new recipes, has the benefit of feeding this constantly hungry herd!
- Elizabeth Curry – I have 2 daughters 10 and 8. I have been married for 13 years. I am a teaching assistant for special needs children in elementary school. I love to cook and make new things. I like the OAM cooking so that we try new recipes and for the ease of meal planning. OAM cooking also helps me stay on grocery budget.
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of June 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget you can always go back and use June 2009′s OR Summer 2010′s menus if you are looking for something different!