TRADITIONAL May 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking)
May is here, and we’re heading into warmer months. Keeping the season in mind, this month’s menu features several hand-held meals such as Pigs in a Blanket, and Barbecue Beef Sandwiches, perfect for a quick meal before the baseball game. It’s also time to start dusting off the grill, as several grilled recipes are featured this month as well. If you don’t have a grill, consider using your oven’s broiler or a stovetop grill pan instead.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable May 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are listed as single, double, or quadruple depending on how much we need to make on the BIG DAY. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the printable May 2011 Recipe Cards.
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your May OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- May 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- May 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the May 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – May 15th 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Stickam” Tab at the top.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cook:
- Jennifer Ries – “Being a working mom with a husband that has two jobs and two busy kids (4 and 2), I don’t have much time between getting home and dinner time to worry about what’s for dinner. I was invited to join a monthly Supper Swap which has made the dreaded meal time hour so much easier. I am now addicted to freezer cooking and don’t know what I would do without it.”
Thank you so much Jen, for helping us out in the kitchen this month!!
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of May 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget you can always go back and use May 2009′s OR May 2010′s menus if you are looking for something different!