TRADITIONAL October 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Once A Month Cooking, Freezer Cooking)
This month’s menu sponsor is Hunt’s. Did you know that Hunt’s has a Signature Recipe Collection? A wide selection of great recipes to choose from no matter your budget or time constraints. Check out their recipes today.
[sam_ad id="7" codes="true"]Fall is here and this months’ freezer meals are all about comfort with soups, simple family-style casseroles, and seasonal flavors. I hope that as your fill your freezer you will spend less time worrying about meal prep, and will have more time to spend enjoying the season of cooler weather, jumping in piles of leaves, visiting the pumpkin patch, and participating in Halloween festivities.
**Note that there is a Step2 Fresh Market Kitchen giveaway going on now through 10/2, be sure to enter to win. And PLEASE consider filling out our survey (it is short) so we can get to know our readers more. PLEASE!!
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. For frequently asked questions visit here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable October 2011 Recipe Cards you can adjust the number of servings to accommodate the number of people that you are cooking for. The recipes linked below are ONLY for the single batch, to see the amounts we are making on the OAMC BIG DAY you will need to visit the printable October 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Chicken Parmesan Meatloaf
- Salsa Chicken
- Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
- Mama’s Meatballs and Gravy
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta
- Lentil Tacos
- Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken and Stuffing Bake
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your October OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- TRADITIONAL October 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- TRADITIONAL October 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the October 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain not only the name of the dish but also the serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the October 2011 Traditional Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – October 16, 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Night” Tab on the left.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cook:
- Jeri Randall – I work two jobs for about 60 hours a week. My family includes my husband and two teenagers. The kids seem to be constantly headed in different directions. We live in a rural area so have limited access to uncommon ingredients. Combined with a tightening budget (due to the economy) the variety and convenience of the meals have been a bonus for our family.
Menu Sponsor: Hunt’s
Sponsors like this one help to keep this site FREE to our readers so we are SUPER appreciative. Consider taking a moment to say thank you by “Like”ing them on Facebook or following them on Twitter. And don’t be shy about telling them who recommended them. :)
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- How To Navigate the OAMM Menu
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of October 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able. And don’t forget you can always go back and use October 2009‘s OR October 2010‘s menus if you are looking for something different!