VEGETARIAN July 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
It’s already July! Summer is in full-swing and the garden (or your CSA box) is filled with a bounty of delicious veggie treats. July’s vegetarian menu focuses on the summer bounty with vegan and vegetarian meals using your fresh tomatoes, peppers, asparagus, and even blueberries.
School is out and several kid-friendly recipes are included this month, such as Vegetarian Buffalo Chicken Bagel Pizzas, Tofu O’ The Sea “fish” patties, and Lentil Tacos. Homemade Bagels and Tomato Soup also will make quick breakfasts and lunches on those busy days. Enjoy the variety of fresh and simple vegetarian and vegan treats this month.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable VEGETARIAN July 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Vegetarian OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable VEGETARIAN July 2011 Recipe Cards .
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Buffalo “Chicken” Bagel Pizzas^^
- Green Bean “Chicken” Casserole
- Vegetarian Lasagna^^
- Green Chile Rice Casserole
- Farro & Millet Risotto
- Asparagus Risotto*
- Pad Thai*
- Sushi Salad*
*Indicates meals that are VEGAN
^^Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your VEGETARIAN July 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- VEGETARIAN July 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- VEGETARIAN July 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the VEGETARIAN July 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish and serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – July 10, 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Page Night” Tab on the left side margin.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
Camille -I am a Special Education Teacher turned stay at home mom to two children. I am married to a Police Officer and I love to read books and work in my garden.
- Saving and Printing the OAMM Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of VEGETARIAN July 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able.