VEGETARIAN October 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
Hooray Fall! I’m so excited about the menu this month. As I’m sure you’ve discovered by now, I am completely obsessed with Fall flavors. I think it’s my favorite time to cook (and eat!). And, since this menu is intended to be cooked in November, I’ve included lots of vegetarian Thanksgiving centerpieces! Yes, it’s true, we don’t have to eat only side dishes. We can make fancy vegetarian centerpieces so delicious that even our meat-eating relatives will be eating seconds. My personal favorite centerpiece stunner is stuffed squash. Both the Acorn Squash and the Blueberry-Balsamic Portabella Stuffed Squash look beautiful on the table.
You can also try Nut Loaf in Pastry or, if you have a Tofurky on the big day, use your leftovers for a delicious Vegetarian Turkey Perfect Sandwich. A few of the other Fall-themed treats this month include cranberry favorites (Cranberry-Raspberry Tarts, Spiced Yogurt Parfait With Pumpkin Seed Granola and Cranberry Preserves and “Chicken” with Cranberry-Pistachio Sauce) and pumpkin deliciousness (Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins and Gnocchi in Pumpkin Sauce).
**Note that there is a Step2 Fresh Market Kitchen giveaway going on now through 10/2, be sure to enter to win. And PLEASE consider filling out our survey (it is short) so we can get to know our readers more. PLEASE!!
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable VEGETARIAN October 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Vegetarian OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable VEGETARIAN October 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
- Cranberry-Raspberry Tarts
- Spiced Yogurt Parfait With Pumpkin Seed Granola and Cranberry Preserves
- Mini Pot Pies
- Roasted Sweet Potato, Walnut, Pomegranate Salad Fix’ns
- Lentil-Mushroom Sliders**
- Spooky Apple Cheddar Pizza**
- Blueberry-Balsamic Portabella Stuffed Squash
- “Chicken” with Cranberry-Pistachio Sauce
- Stuffed Acorn Squash
- Nut Loaf in Pastry
- Vegetarian Turkey Perfect Sandwich**
- Pomegranate Chile Tofu
- Gnocchi in Pumpkin Sauce
- Curried Lentils & Sweet Potatoes
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your VEGETARIAN October 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- VEGETARIAN October 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- VEGETARIAN October 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the VEGETARIAN October 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish and serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the October 2011 Vegetarian Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – Sunday, October 16, 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Page Night” Tab on the left side margin.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
Jamie Clayton: I am a physical therapist turned stay at home mom to a 4 year old, 2 year old, and 4 month old. My family has been vegetarian for almost 2 years and I live trying new recipes out on my family. I blog at www.thriftyveggiemama.com.
- Katha Gosney: I’m the mother of a 13-month-old and a full-time sonographer. I love cooking healthy meals for my family, but I get home at 6:30pm every night. I discovered OAMM about three months ago. Since then, having dinner in the freezer has made all the difference in how my family eats and enjoys our evenings!
- Saving and Printing the OAMM Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of VEGETARIAN October 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able.