VEGETARIAN September 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
School is in full swing throughout the country and between new schedules and your daily family or work routine, getting the kids (and
parents) off with nutritious lunches can be difficult without planning ahead. Luckily our gardens are also in full bloom, with several key fruits in veggies at their peak. September’s menu features quick and easy packable lunches like Bubble-up Pizza Bites, Mexican Quinoa Salad or Vegan Kale Pesto, Basil, Bacon Pizza for the pizza lovers.
The menu also highlights those peaking summer fruits and vegetables like artichoke hearts in Balsamic Dijon Pasta Salad and Roasted Red Pepper Pasta & Seared Artichoke Hearts, and persimmons in Bacon-Persimmon Pasta and Chocolate Persimmon Muffins.
The menu is sure to hold new favorites for everyone in the family and make your transition back to school much simpler (and more nutritious, too!).
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable VEGETARIAN September 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Vegetarian OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable VEGETARIAN September 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Vegan Kale Pesto Chicken
- Roasted Red Pepper Pasta & Seared Artichoke Hearts
- Vegan Kale Pesto, Basil, Bacon Pizza**
- Eggplant & Tomato Bake**
- Portabella Mushroom Steaks**
- Balsamic Dijon Pasta Salad
- Spicy Seitan Flautas **
- Pear Gorgonzola Walnut Pizza **
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your VEGETARIAN September 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- VEGETARIAN September 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- VEGETARIAN September 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the VEGETARIAN September 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish and serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the September 2011 Vegetarian Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – September 18th 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Page Night” Tab on the left side margin.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
- Saving and Printing the OAMM Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of VEGETARIAN September 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able.