What is on Your Christmas Menu? (Giveaway)
It is just 48 hours until the big day, Christmas 2010! I can hardly believe it is here. I know, you are thinking the same thing. Where did the year go? It has been an amazing one though.
Since this is a food blog it is only natural we should talk about food at the holidays, right? I am curious, do you have a big Christmas Eve meal? Christmas Day meal? Day after Christmas Meal? Between Breakfast and Christmas Dinner meal? :)
For us, our big meals around Christmas are Christmas Eve dinner and Christmas morning breakfast. It has become a tradition for us to get together with my mom and that immediate family on the Eve of Christmas for a big meal. Our meal selection usually includes a baked ham and then a bunch of our favorite sides (scalloped corn, sweet potato casserole, pickled beets). Then, on Christmas morning my husband’s family has a tradition of fixing sausage gravy over biscuits for Christmas morning. Even when we are not with them we have kept this tradition.
I know for us we tend to want the same things for our holiday meal. What about you? Do you like those traditions or do you look for something new to make each year?
The National Pork Board has recently been working with celeb Chef Michael Symon to mix up seasonal flavors by pairing pork with unsuspecting holiday favorites like cinnamon, chocolate and pumpkin. Chef Symon shows how pork can be enhanced by almost any ingredient with recipes like “Cider-and-Beer-Braised Pork with Chocolate Mole” and “Coriander and Cumin Roasted Rack of Pork with Five Spice Pumpkin Puree.” Mmm, doesn’t that sound good? Chocolate? Yes, please!
It won’t arrive in time to help you with your Christmas meal, but perhaps your New Years meal? I have a holiday pork kit for one of you! FULL of great products and ideas to spice up your holidays (and your dinner)! Here is what is in the gift pack:
- An exclusive holiday recipe from Michael Symon
- A $25 gift card to conveniently purchase your favorite pork cuts online
- A large assortment of seasonal spices to inspire flavor-rich holiday pairings
- A chic holiday serving platter to reinvigorate your holiday dinner style
- A signed copy of Michael Symon’s new cookbook
- Two festive aprons to prepare your holiday feasts
- A digital meat thermometer to ensure that your holiday meals are delicious yet safe
Here is how you enter to win:
1. Leave a Comment telling me which meal is most important for you during the holidays and what do you eat?
Additional ways to enter:
2. Tweet or Facebook this contest – use @onceamonthmom & @allaboutpork. (Maybe something like: Let @allaboutpork & @onceamonthmom spice up your holiday w/new recipes:http://bit.ly/eW3WeH) And don’t forget to leave a comment below stating you have done so.
3. Follow on @allaboutpork Twitter. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
4. Become a Facebook Fan of Once A Month Mom Fan Page. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
5. Become a Facebook Fan of The Other White Meat. Leave a comment below that you have done so or if you are already.
6. Subscribe to the Once A Month Mom blog via RSS or email. Let me know that you have done so. Of course, if you are already subscriber make sure you leave that too.
This giveaway ends Tuesday, December 28th at 9 pm (EST).
This post is linked at Things I Love Thursday at Diaper Diaries.
Disclosure: The National Pork Board provided me with a pork kit and one for giving to a reader. All the opinions in this post are mine, want to know more about how I facilitate reviews, view my full disclosure policy!