WHOLE FOODS August 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
No it can’t be! Summer is almost over? Where did these months go? Well one way it’s flying by for me is the beginning of each month we’re off on an adventure! This weekend my husband and I are jet setting east to the windy city, Chicago! We’re celebrating his birthday early with fabulous trip full of food, sightseeing, fun and baseball. If you have any ”must see must eat” locations, send them my way!
August is such a wonderful month to celebrate the harvest. It seems like all my favorite vegetables and fruits are finally ready! Corn, zucchini, summer squash, cucumbers, and TOMATOES! And the start of some root vegetables like carrots. Peaches are at their prime in August as well as raspberries, blackberries, plums and melons. This menu really embraces this harvest and is my attempt to stock your freezer full of great meals to extend this season into Fall.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable WHOLE FOODS August 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Whole Foods OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable WHOLE FOODS August 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Zucchini Chili
- Salmon Burgers with Hoisin Sauce
- Italian Steak Pinwheels
- Sunday Roast Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Chicken
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your WHOLE FOODS August 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- WHOLE FOODS August 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- WHOLE FOODS August 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the WHOLE FOODS August 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish and serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the August 2011 Whole Foods Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – August 18 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Stickam” Tab on the left side margain.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Angie Boyd - I am a part-time working mom of 2 boys–11 & almost 3 and 2 girls–both 9. I love to cook and this was actually the first time doing a OAMC. It was a blast and I have some great things in my freezer. It really will help since our schedules are crazy around here. I love making new things.
- Sarah Cook – Sarah is a fulltime working momma with a 2 year old and a husband who is in school fulltime. Meal times typically find her on her own while her spouse is out, so freezer cooking has been a godsend. She blogs at www.beingfrugalbychoice.blogspot.com about her favorite recipes, tips for living on a limited budget, stories of her silly/wicked smart toddler, and ideas on how to live a sustainable life on the cheap.
- Saving and Printing the OAMM Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of WHOLE FOODS July 2011’s menu?
Gotten your copy of Survive Before 5 eCookbook? If not, you should! Save your sanity for only $7.99. And don’t let the title scare you away if you don’t have toddlers, it is JUST AS GOOD for school age children as well.
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able.