WHOLE FOODS JUNE 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
Splish, splash, crackle, slurp, tweet….ahh the sounds of Summer! Have you been listening to Summer arriving at your house? If not I hope it arrives soon, like I hope the rain here in Colorado backs off to its normal evening thundershowers and nothing more. Although the rain makes me happy to know that my CSA shares this summer and fall will be plentiful and promising! Now we just need the heat to make all the fruit sweet. Have you joined a CSAthis year? Or have you been out to your local farmer’s market to see what’s in store for summer?
We’re at the start of summer therefore the June Whole Foods menu will be lighter, not as time consuming, and not to taxing on your oven or your AC! June brings berries of all kinds, onions, the start of tomatoes, the hearty greens such as spinach, kale, swiss chard, and still that lovable rhubarb. All of your summer favorites are also on sale at the stores near you, so stock up your pantry while you can! This menu reflects the produce and sale items that are in your stores and markets for June.
The Whole Foods menu has Add-On Recipes. These are recipes tailored for you to create almost everything from this menu in your own kitchen. You are more than welcome to make the choice to purchase these items to save time, however I feel you won’t be disappointed with the taste of your hard work, and you will have pride knowing exactly what went into the dishes that you and your family are enjoying. And not to mention, a few extra dollars in your wallet. This menu will take more time to prepare than other menus, so please be sure to read through the instructions and recipe cards thoroughly before you start.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable WHOLE FOODS June 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Whole Foods OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable WHOLE FOODSJune 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or the YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Stuffed Turkey Burgers**
- Sun-dried Tomato Stuffed Chicken Breasts **
- Spaghetti Pie
- Caramelized Onion Pizza Pie
- Veggie Bean Burritos** (Kitchen Stewardship Beans eBook)
- Mexican Black Bean Burgers**(Kitchen Stewardship Beans eBook
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your WHOLE FOODS JUNE 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- WHOLE FOODS June 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- WHOLE FOODS June 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the WHOLE FOODS June 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish and serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – June 12 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Facebook Fan Night” Tab on the left side margin.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Dana Sacco -
- Saving and Printing the OAMM Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of the WHOLE FOODS June 2011 menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able.