WHOLE FOODS September 2011 OAMM Menu (OAMC, Freezer Cooking, Bulk Cooking, Power Cooking)
The seasons they are a changing! And so begins my FAVORITE season, Fall! Once A Month Cooking really comes in handy for our family in these next few months, not because it’s time for school, but my husband hunts big game and is gone almost every weekend. Which leaves me not wanting to cook a larger meal for just me and the little guy when we’re worn out from a long day. In comes Once A Month Mom to the rescue! We’ve got hearty meals to get us through the work week and through the weekend without Daddy.
This month’s menu takes advantage of the end of summer produce still lingering at the markets and your gardens. As well as the beginning of the fall flavors such as maple, pumpkin and sweet potatoes. I hope you enjoy eating it as much I had putting it together.
I hope you enjoy these meals as much as our early readers/cooks have. If you are new and not sure how to get started, read here. And there are several other helpful links under the Helpful Hints/Resources section below to help you on your cooking journey. Good luck!
- Included below are the menu items that we will be preparing as part of our Once A Month Cooking (OAMC) BIG DAY. In the printable WHOLE FOODS September 2011 Recipe Cards the menu items are intended to feed one person for a month. You can insert the number of people are cooking for on the first tab to automatically make recipe adjustments to feed multiple people for a month. For more information on how the Whole Foods OAMM Menu works, click here.
- View the printable WHOLE FOODS September 2011 Recipe Cards.
- Having trouble using the Recipe Cards or YELLOW BOX? See this post!
- Mushroom and Black Bean Chili
- Mexican Pork and Sweet Potato Stew
- Quinoa Salad with Pears and Chickpeas
- Macaroni and Cheese
- Tilapia Packets
- Corn and Chile Quesadillas
- Pork Tenderloin w Mango Salsa and Blackberry Syrup
- Mary Jos Meatball Sub Casserole
- Pan Seared Beef Tenderloin
**Indicates meals that require NO COOKING on your OAMC BIG DAY!
- Included in this spreadsheet you will find a listing of all the items you will need to complete your WHOLE FOODS September 2011 OAMC BIG DAY. For more instructions on how to use this, go here.
- WHOLE FOODS September 2011 OAMM Grocery List
- These are the step-by-step instructions you will need to quickly and efficiently approach your OAMC BIG DAY!
- WHOLE FOODS September 2011 OAMM Instructions
These customized labels are designed specifically for the WHOLE FOODS September 2011 Once A Month Mom Menu. They contain the name of the dish and serving instructions for preparing the dish on your serving day. They make preparation of the dishes hassle free and staying to your eating plan a cinch.
These labels are designed to be printed on Avery 8163 or equivalent! Readers who didn’t have labels available suggested just printing them on paper and taping them.
Are you a person that likes to see the menus visually? Perhaps you should check out the September 2011 Whole Foods Menu via Pinterest to see the yummy goodness you will be cooking up on this menu. Not sure what Pinterest is all about, check out what Once A Month Mom has to say about it.
Facebook Fan Party:
OAMM Facebook Fan Page Party – September 18th 2011, 9:00 pm – 9:30 pm EST – We will be able to chat via video AND messaging during the event through FACEBOOK! How cool is that? We will be talking about the current month’s menus, answer your burning questions about freezer cooking and have fun getting to know one another. You can also see other past recordings from that tab as well.
Instructions for viewing live-stream:
- Go to the Once A Month Mom Facebook Fan Page.
- Click on the “Stickam” Tab on the left side margain.
- Hit “view live recording” – If I am live streaming it will show you what is happening in progress. If I am not live streaming at the time, you will have the option to click through other videos that I have recorded in the past.
Each month we have some wonderful volunteers who “test” out the menu prior to publication. They do an amazing job of helping to eliminate confusion and mistakes. They may not catch everything but they sure do catch A LOT! Here is a little bit about this month’s test cooks:
- Mary Mendoza –
I am a 51 year old nurse in a shelter care facility for people with dementia. My husband has end stage renal disease and my son has moved back home to help care for him. I truly love once a month mom as I can cook in one weekend and then always have a good meal in the freezer-as my husband needs more care-not having to do daily meal planning and cooking is a life saver. It helps me take better care of myself in this difficult time.
- Saving and Printing the OAMM Menus Using Google Docs
- Creating Your Own OAMC Menu Series
- Preparing For A Successful OAMC Day
- Adapting The Menu for YOUR Family
- Making the Menu Healthier
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Shopping For Your Cooking Day
- Final Shopping Trip For Your OAMC Day
- Choosing The Right Containers
What do you think of WHOLE FOODS August 2011’s menu?
If you are feeling abundantly blessed and generous feel free to donate. :) But don’t feel guilty if you aren’t able.